Establishment of Export Oriented Floriculture Center at Pattoki
Location: Pattoki, Multan, Rawalpindi
Duration: July 01, 2014 to June 30, 2017
Total Cost- Rs. 15.00 Millions
- Development of commercial floriculture database.
- Introduction of new interventions like lilium, gerbera & carnation.
- Introduction of rose petals dehydration technology.
- Production of pathogen free plants through tissue culture techniques.
- Minimizing import of floricultural products by propagation and introduction of new germplasm.
- Supply of planting material on cheaper rates.
- Uplifting of farming community by increasing the farmer’s income through floricultural crops.
- Mobilization of women community.
- Database survey for the commercial floriculture being carried out at Pattoki for further planning and development of floriculture.
- Export of rose petals.
- Provision of pathogen free plants to the farmers for quality production of floricultural products.
- Minimization in import of cut-flowers like lillium, carnation, gerbera & their planting material.
Strategy to achieve the Objectives:
- Conduction Of Data Based Survey Of Floriculture At Pattoki
- Introduction of Commercial Flowers Dehydration Technology at Multan
- Up-gradation of Tissue Culture Project, Rawalpindi For Production of Pathogen Free Ornamental Plants
- Production of 40000 saplings of each carnation & gerbera through tissue culture.
- Production of 100000 saplings of Gruss-an-Teplitz rose.
- Free of cost provision of 100000 saplings of Gruss-an-Teplitz rose to farmers.
- Conduction of workshops/seminars (15 Nos.).
- Conduction of data based survey of floriculture at Pattoki.